Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Sol LeWitt: Wall Drawing #1136


Sol LeWitt was an American artist who was born in Hartford, Connecticut in 1928. He was an artist who created the link between Minimalism and conceptual art. Conceptualism is art in which the idea presented by the artist is more important than the finished work itself. Sol LeWitt's most integral pieces are his Wall Drawings. Out of all of his artwork, I decided to choose Wall Drawing #1136, which was created in 2004. I was immediately drawn to this piece because of the lively colors created by acrylic paint. I also love how the two different lines clash, but in a way that the colors are still in a pattern. Sol LeWitt was able to turn simple lines into an abstract work of art. I also enjoyed this work because it is closer to the art that I like to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment