Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Mary Cassett


This work of art is titled The Long Gloves. Before knowing the title of this work I would not have known that the woman is wearing gloves which leads me to believe that the intention was to make the gloves very subtle to not take away from the rest of the drawing. The focus of this drawing is not the gloves themselves but the use of color to represent gloves. That color is then used in various other areas of the body like details in the face and neck. Although many of Mary's drawings tend to focus on the face and dring your attention to it; I find that I relate with this much more because my attention is not drawn to the face but to the work as a whole and its exploration of color. I can see myself using this drawing as a reference for my work as I want to take from the body's undertones and use more atypical colors when drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment